missing feet etc

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by sailoryue, Jun 29, 2009.

1. sailoryue

sailoryue

i seem to have lost a foot... 2 others have fallen off, but i glued them back on, but the other one (front left) is missing.

also i lost one of the protective cushion circle thingkies... http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/634/64731050.jpg circled.

where do i get replacements?

sailoryue, Jun 29, 2009
  2. sailoryue

libssd

I cut replacements from self-stick vinyl bumpers, then wet-sanded to finetune the height. Glued in place with clear epoxy.

libssd, Jun 30, 2009
  3. sailoryue

sailoryue

where would i get that?

sailoryue, Jun 30, 2009
  4. sailoryue

libssd

Self stick vinyl bumpers are available in a variety of thicknesses at any hardware store. Using a very sharp knife or razor blade, cut to fit the opening, then wet sand with 400 grit paper to adjust the height so that all 4 feet make contact with a flat surface (such as a mirror). Then glue in place with epoxy. Check for height after 24 hours. If it wobbles, move it back and forth with the offending replacement foot over a piece of wet or dry sandpaper. Check frequently; you can't add height back if you sand off too much.

libssd, Jul 1, 2009
Ask a Question