MK3008GAL IPOD problem!

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Prando, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Prando

Prando

Hi everyone!
    I bought a IPOD MK3008GAL a week ago from ebay, intaled into the AAO and instaled Win XP, works fine until today!
    I have noticed that the IDE transfer mode has been changed by windows to PIO mode. OK, I reinstaled the drives and it works fine again, but now the hd locks on windows startup! and its on PIO mode again, i guess. In the installation of windows I can't formated it on NTFS, it locks down! so I formated into NTFS (fast) and works. But wen I (in windows) try to install some huge programs, some errors occours. It's a known problem of this HDD, or it maybe something else?

Sorry about my english, I'm brasilian. And thanks for your help!

Prando, Oct 8, 2008
  2. Prando

pauloaia

Vc comprou ele como HD de ipod usado? EStou tentando compar um mas estou na duvida se compro MK3008GAL ou MK6008GAH ? O que vc acha?

Outras perguntas:

Vc comprou ele já formatado para instalar o Windows XP ou formatou durante a instalação do xp?

A velocidade do seu é boa? Quanto gigas vc deixo livre o HD? ESta ativado a hibernação? É possivel ativa-la ou ela faz o PC ficar lento?

Obrigado pela ajuda. Tambem sou um Brasileiro com problema de "HD"

pauloaia, Nov 1, 2008
  3. Prando

SlCKB0Y

Ihad exactly the same issue. Windows would stall for a while, and when either downloading or accessing a large file (like 100mb) windows would blue screen and reset. It turns out it was my zif cable that was damaged. When I was sanding it down to fit in the drive, I did it unevenly and went through the plastic exposing the wire a little bit.

So either the contacts werent making proper contact, or the exposed wire was doing something, but replacing the cable fixed everything right up.

Might be a place to start.

SlCKB0Y, Nov 6, 2008
Ask a Question