mobil partner

Discussion in 'Linux' started by nimrodel, Nov 3, 2008.

1. nimrodel

nimrodel

hi, anyone know how to configure mobil partner (who apperar after next update) with option icon 225 with mobistar provier (belgium provider)

nimrodel, Nov 3, 2008
  2. nimrodel

sandkon

I have mobistar also . How I got it to work. Go to acer site in Belgium ( www.acer.be I think) and go to support section. Choose the section on the left marked téléchargements. Select your aspire model and it will take you to another screen. Under linux drivers or applications ( I can't remember which) you should see something containing 3G option. Download and install this file. Once installed, put in the icon 225 and you should see 3G as an option on the connection manager screen. Click this and change these details: For APN enter iew.be and make sure the 2 parts above this User and password are left clear. Click connect and it should work. It worked for me. Don't use Mobile Partner: it isn't necessary. You have to put in your pin when you plug in the icon 225 and it will show connection failed but once you've changed those details a connection should be established. I only managed to get it to work yesterday after 5 days of googling so good luck.

sandkon, Apr 4, 2009
Ask a Question