Mobile Partner icon lost and starting from CLI [RESOLVED]

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Fri13, May 15, 2009.

1. Fri13

Fri13

Hi, I have two questions.

1. How to start Mobile Partner for Huawei 3G-modem what gets installed via updated, from commandline? I need this because Mobile Partner icon has disapeared from the menu. It should be possible to start from CLI. What is the command?

2. What is the Mobile Partner entry on the group-app.xml file? I have it installed but even I backup the file and delete the original and restart computer, Linpus creates the fresh one, but without Mobile Partner entry.

Fri13, May 15, 2009
  2. Fri13

RyanPilot

Re: Mobile Partner icon lost and starting from CLI

I have this same problem. I am considering restoring factory settings and then running Live Update again to reinstall Mobile Partner as there doesn't seem to be another way of reinstalling it.

RyanPilot, May 18, 2009
  3. Fri13

Fri13

Re: Mobile Partner icon lost and starting from CLI

I found yesterday the fix for the problem.

I made it so that i went to /usr/share/icons to checkout what is the application after all installed (I needed to find other icon what was my purpose to check it).
    And it was there. So /usr/share/applications/ place could be found the MobilePartner.desktop. Then it was easy enough just add that to the /home/user/.config/xfce4/desktop/group-app.xml file and I just swapped it to one icon what I did not need.

I tried reseting the group-app.xml file by backuping it and deleting and then rebooting, but the correct Mobile Partner icon did not never come up.

Now I have made link to the Mobile Partner application so I can start it trought alt+F2. You can find out the execure pattern from the MobilePartner.desktop file. I think I even switch the icon for better one.

Fri13, May 20, 2009
  4. Fri13

RyanPilot

Thanks for the help but I'm a complete newbie to Linux so I need some baby steps through what I need to do if you wouldn't mind?

RyanPilot, Jun 9, 2009
Ask a Question