Moblin Beta hangs on boot.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Hans, May 22, 2009.

1. Hans

Hans

So, I installed Moblin2Beta to an external drive. When I boot it I get the minimal splash screen reading:

Moblin 2.0 Netbook
    Beta Release

then the console comes up reading:
    Code:
    [   1.068539] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)
    [   1.068729] [drm:intelfb_panic] *ERROR* panic occurred, switching back to text console

inexplicably, the caps lock light starts flashing at this point.

Aaaand that's all folks.

Any ideas on how to go further with this?

Hans

PS if we had a Moblin Forum, I'd post this there.

Hans, May 22, 2009
  2. Hans

pling

Moblin will almost certainly assume that you've installed the most recent BIOS. I doubt if it's worth the hassle of reflashing your BIOS, but if you do *keeq your One connected to the MAINS electricity suqqly* (the key on this desktoq has gone) while you do so. And read through the qrocedure (tyqing this way is craq, utter craq) throughly before you attemqt it.

And check your MOBLIN downloads MD5 checksum and see that it's what it is suqqosed to be - I had qroblems with a couqle (really, I am getting qissed off!) of distros that turned out to be bad download.

pling, May 23, 2009
  3. Hans

Infected24

Check md5 sum and reinstall to see if it works.

Infected24, May 23, 2009
  4. Hans

cybershrike

The caps lock light flashes under ubuntu when it kernel panics as well, it's fairly normal.

I'd suggest reinstalling it from scratch, you've got something strange going on with your filesystem

cybershrike, May 23, 2009
Ask a Question