Moded ZG5 refuses to boot after trying recovery cd

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tercero, Oct 8, 2010.

1. tercero

tercero

First, I'll refer you to this post at
    http://aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopi ... 43&t=17803

I followed the steps exactly, and ran into the same problems as the guy who wrote the post. About a year ago, my ZG5 died. The 4gb SSD went wonky after using flashfire, and after trying a Toshiba MK220GAL 1.8" drive, gave up and tried the steps found in the link. I'm using a Transcend 16gb 400X CF drive and works perfectly. Problem is though, I can't recover the ZG5 to it's previous status. /windows/system32/ntoskrnl is corrupt or isn't found, and trying a recovery or a simple copy/paste of the krnl doesn't do anything. Same with trying to install Windows 7. It just hangs.

SO, my question is, how do I get my system to install XP or 7, or am I stuck using Ubuntu (not that's there's anything wrong with that but my wife uses FirstClassClient for connecting to her mail at work).

Point and I'll go.

Thanks,

J in Barrie.

tercero, Oct 8, 2010
  2. tercero

tercero

I guess the topic is not of interest.

I went to Ubuntu and download 10.10 optimized for netbook. And I gotta say. I'm happy I did. Microf*ck can get lost for all I care. If you're not using Ubuntu, go get it. You'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm a convert.

tercero, Oct 10, 2010
  3. tercero

lanceloare

I just order the restore CD from Acer. As soon as I get it I will compress it as an .ISO and post it for all who needs it. Acer Support is the most USELESS source of help on the market right now.

lanceloare, Oct 28, 2010
Ask a Question