modem usb 3G Orange icon 7.2s

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by khryspy, Aug 15, 2008.

1. khryspy

khryspy

Sorry, im spanish and my english is not very good. I bought this netbook some days ago and i found a problem with my usb 3g modem, linpus has not the driver for this modem, and my question is if anybody has found this driver or known the best way to install it ??

I hope you can understand my english...

khryspy, Aug 15, 2008
  2. khryspy

phd

Hello,

Any luck yet?
    I also want to buy a USB 3G modum but on every forum I looked, always the same problem: No drivers for Lipus....

I was on the OPTION website and they forwarded me following message:

At this moment Option does not provide application or driver support for Linux. However, you can find more information about the installation and use under Linux on the following link:

http://support.option.com/support/faq.p ... ticleid=11

Maybe this can help you a little bit.

phd, Aug 22, 2008
  3. khryspy

SWAT Reaper

In the UK Carphonewarehouse is offering an Elonex Linux based Webbook type things with Orange,"3" Network, O2 and Vodaphone 3G USB Modems. There must be software and drivers on the loose somewhere!

Edit. I think that the bloke in the shop has told me some lies. "On-line" it states that its loaded with "Genuine Microsoft Windows" not Linux. It doesn't say which type of Windows though! The reson it came up, is that I wanted a "3" Network 3G USB dongle to run off Linux when I finally get my A150AB. As I'm now going to get the XP version and have it dual boot with Linux, I will run the dongle in Windows until the driver is available for Linux! :cry:

SWAT Reaper, Sep 7, 2008
Ask a Question