mounting a network drive

Discussion in 'Linux' started by gemstar, Oct 9, 2008.

1. gemstar

gemstar

Hi - First posting here.
    I've had the aspire one for a few months now and love the ease of use and quick boot times. When you just want to check your mail or something on the web its ideal. Well put it this way, there are about 4 other computers in the house and this is the one I reach for.

Now I've had it a little while I thought I'd try something a bit more ambitious. One of my other computers is a fedora desktop, and I'm looking to connect to it for print services and file sharing - has anyone tried anthing like this?

I set up a nfs drive on the fedora box following some instructions I found on the web.
    When I tried to mount from the Aspire, - something like
    mount fedora-box:/transfer /home/users/transfer

I got a message saying that it was a bad filesystem (think that was the error). I installed a NFS package on the Aspire and this went away. The error I get now says - cannot connect - no route to server. But I have enabled the firewall on the Fedora-box for NFS and I can ping the fedora box from the Aspire.

I tried to install a firewall package on the aspire, but got a message saying the kernel did not support iptables.
    -so I'm stuck at this point. any ideas about why I can't mount this remote drive

gemstar, Oct 9, 2008
Ask a Question