Mousepad driver makes mouse freeze after writing

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Bajer, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Bajer

Bajer

Yeah, the subject pretty much says it: after installing the Synaptic touchpad driver from Acer's driver page (only to be able to scrool, other than that it was perfect before), the mouse starts to freeze for a couple of seconds after I've written something somhewhere. So at the moment, I kind of have to choose between no scrooling, or a mouse that freezes and both things are a pain in the ass.

Does anyone have the same problem, or know how to fix it?

Best regards
    Kristian

Bajer, Mar 17, 2010
  2. Bajer

Indie

Hi Kristian, can I have the driver version you installed? Also do you mind downloading Process Explorere so I can see if any process is spiking causing cpu usage and the mouse to freeze http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/ProcessExplorer.zip. Also do you notice anything else about your netbook when the mouse freezes, for example the temperature.

Indie, Mar 17, 2010
  3. Bajer

Bajer

The driver I installed is this one http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles ... &SC=EMEA_9

I've installed Process Explorer

I just realised that it is impossible for me to move the mouse at the same time as writing (I don't have to write anywhere, just type on the keyboard), and then when i stop typing, the mouse just kind og "hangs" for a second or two before I can move it again. This is only when i use the mousepad and not when a mouse, usb or bluetooth, is plugged in.

Bajer, Mar 17, 2010
  4. Bajer

Indie

Indie, Mar 17, 2010
  5. Bajer

Nissan_350Z

actually mine does that too.. i think it's something to do with so you don't accidently bump the mouse as you type but it only takes (well should) like a second to unlock. i used to hate it but i slowly got used to in.. i'm sure there is a setting somewhere for it.. i'll look around and see what i can find too. but 'im thinking it's something to do with some sort of convenience setting so you don't move the mouse on accident when you type. i could be wrong though. but i hope this helps a little on the subject.

Nissan_350Z, Mar 18, 2010
  6. Bajer

Cal_User

Sounds like you might be activating the Palm Check when you type. Synaptics disables the pointer when it senses that your palm is resting on the pad, as when you type. The sensitivity for this can be set in the Synaptics setup screen. Right click the tray icon and select Pointing Device Properties. Click the device settings tab. Click the Settings button. Click the + next to Pointing and then Sensitivity. Choose PalmCheck and adjust as you see fit.

Cal_User, Mar 18, 2010
  7. Bajer

Bajer

Bajer, Mar 18, 2010
  8. Bajer

Indie

Glad to be of service Bajer :D

Indie, Mar 18, 2010
Ask a Question