movies and music

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by angmic, Jan 20, 2009.

1. angmic

angmic

hi can anyone please advise us how to transfer music and movies to uor aspireone notebook. iwe was told we could transfer them by using a usb mem stick thnx

angmic, Jan 20, 2009
  2. angmic

markh

Yes, you can use a usb memory stick. On whichever o/s you have, the procedure just boils down to stick it in, wait for it to show up, then drag and drop.

markh, Jan 20, 2009
  3. angmic

angmic

thnx for your reply do i have to decode the movies/music to mget them on a usb stick

angmic, Jan 29, 2009
  4. angmic

markh

Oh, are you asking about movies/music that you have on CD/DVD? I assumed you meant files already on a computer. If that's it, do you have another computer with a cd/dvd drive, and if so what operating system does it has? (For that matter, what operating system do you have on your AAO?)

markh, Jan 29, 2009
  5. angmic

angmic

we have vista on our main pc and linus on the notebook

angmic, Jan 31, 2009
  6. angmic

markh

OK. In general, you can transform dvd/cds into various file formats. I lack Vista and whatever version of Media Player it came with, but it will likely have some sort of copying option. You could also install some other program to do the job - google will be your friend at this point. Whatever files it produces can be transferred to the AAO and played, provided the AAO supports the file format. That depends on whether you've done any upgrading to the AAO - eg adding VLC, Amarok, etc. As an example, I don't think .wma files are supported out of the box, but mp3's are. If you use a program to create an iso file (an image) of a DVD, you can mount it on the AAO and play it as if it were on a dvd drive.
    The above is all a bit general, but without knowing exactly what you'll produce, general is the best I can do. I'd investigate what files you can produce on your desktop, and give them a try. If they don't play straight off, do some searching on how to get that file to play.
    Hope that helps.

markh, Feb 1, 2009
  7. angmic

angmic

many thnx markh will try all your ideas again thnx

angmic, Feb 1, 2009
Ask a Question