Mozilla Firefox and Facebook

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Alethir, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Alethir

Alethir

Hi guys,

I really hope some of you can help me with a problem I'm having regarding my new (well new for me its 3 years old) Acer One netbook and Facebook.

The OS for this netbook is Linux Linpus Lite v.1.0.3 E and the browser for it is Mozilla Firefox. I've no idea how to check what version of Firefox it is because I'm such a newbie with it. I've never used Linux before, and although I had Firefox on my Windows laptop it doesn't seem to let me update like I used to with that. Anyway to the problem I'm having.

When I go on Facebook and try to leave a comment on something it lets me type stuff out, but when I hit return to post it nothing happens! It simple disappears and it's as if I've wrote nothing. I've tried basic stuff I can think of like trying to do a Live Update in the settings, which just fails after a certain point everytime... I've tried downloading Google Chrome to see if that works. It downloads but then I have no idea how to actually install it. I just get an error message telling me to open some type of read file. I know I probably sound like a moron lol, I used to think I was pretty decent with computing, but this is the first time I've used Linux before and although it seems really simple to navigate and do the basic stuff already on screen I have no idea how to install stuff etc. It just seems really overly complicated when I look online, needing to enter commands and stuff... There seems to be a lot that can go wrong too and I dont want to create a bigger problem than a pretty small one such as not being able to write on Facebook. It's just annoying really and I was hoping there was a simple solution. Anyway I hope someone can at least point me in the right direction

Cheers :)

Alethir, Sep 10, 2012
  2. Alethir

AOA110

Open the browser clicky on the Help, then on About. Version number is there. Its probably 2.x or 3.x

AOA110, Oct 4, 2012
Ask a Question