MS Outlook on acer aspire one

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by goldtop1, Aug 29, 2008.

1. goldtop1

goldtop1

I am intending to buy an acer aspire one from pc world this afternoon but have one query.

how can I load MS outlook on the netbook so that I can sync my smartphone with it - contacts, diary and notes?

goldtop1, Aug 29, 2008
  2. goldtop1

Roy_Hobbs

Assuming you are buying the XP version, it already has a 60 day trial of Office 2007. OR you could plugin a USB CD/DVD drive and install like you would on any PC.

Roy_Hobbs, Aug 29, 2008
  3. goldtop1

perdurabo

Outlook 2007 works pretty well on my AA1 (1.5GB RAM, 120GB HDD) and yeah you can sync your PDA just fine, too. No noticeable performance issues.

perdurabo, Aug 30, 2008
  4. goldtop1

Guest Guest

perdurabo, is it worth upgrading from 1gig to 1.5gig since it looks pretty complicated just to get 512meg more memory, what are your thoughts?

Guest, Aug 30, 2008
  5. goldtop1

goldtop1

my aa1 is the basic linux model with 512 meg memory and 8 gig solid state storage.

my problem still is how to get MS outlook onto it (I dont have a stand-a-lone dvd writer/reader) and how to get skype.

I go to the skype site and it offers me various downloads for my linux OS. I have downloaded 3 of them but I cant get access to skype from my AA1. any help very gratefully received.

goldtop1, Aug 30, 2008
  6. goldtop1

bachdog

I am pretty sure that you can't install or run MS Outlook on any Linux distribution (ie Linpus)

bachdog, Aug 30, 2008
Ask a Question