MS Streets & Trips install problem

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ScottZ, Aug 19, 2008.

1. ScottZ

ScottZ

I have MS Streets & Trips 2004 that I would like to install on my One. I tried first over wifi with the discs in my desktop drive and it would not allow the installation to proceed. Next, I copied the 1st setup disc to a flash drive and the second to an SD card. The setup worked fine until time to insert disc 2. There was no browse option so couldn't point the setup to the correct location. Does anyone know of a way to work around this? I have even tried to copy both discs to the same card and still couldn't get it to recognize the second disc.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

ScottZ, Aug 19, 2008
  2. ScottZ

ginguskahn

My first thought would be to copy cd1 to the sd card, install until prompted, remove the sd card, wipe it and copy cd2 to it, reinsert card and continue the installation.

If you can get it to work can you let me know how usable it is on the small screen, my dad loves S&T and his purchase of a netbook would be greatly influenced by its usability.

ginguskahn, Aug 19, 2008
  3. ScottZ

mike

Hi This is thanks to KiNG from post viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1521

See below in red http://www.daemon-help.com/general_use_ ... _lite.html

To mount an image, at least one Virtual CD/DVD ROM device must be present in the system. Please see Configuration for more information.

Using the Menu

Access the DAEMON Tools Menu by either right-clicking the tray icon or clicking the DAEMON Tools button on the left side of the DAEMON Tools panel
    Select "Virtual CD/DVD ROM", select the proper device and click "Mount image"
    Choose the image you want to mount
    Using the Mount'n'Drive Manager

Open Mount'n'Drive Manager
    If necessary, add the image to Mount'n'Drive Manager
    Right-click the image you want to use, click Mount and select the drive you want to use or
    Select the drive you want to use
    Select the image you want to use and click Mount in the toolbar or
    Double-click the image you want to use
    Installing Software from Multiple Discs
    Mount the first disc
    Run the installer
    When prompted to insert the next disc, mount the next disc on the same drive you mounted the first disc on
    Repeat until finished
    Unmounting Images

Using the Menu

Access the DAEMON Tools Menu by either right-clicking the tray icon or clicking the DAEMON Tools button on the left side of the DAEMON Tools panel
    Click the DAEMON Tools button on the left side of the DAEMON Tools Panel
    Select "Virtual CD/DVD ROM", select the appropriate device and click "Unmount image"
    Using the Mount'n'Drive Manager

Open the Mount'n'Drive Manager
    Select the virtual drive you want to unmount the image from and click Unmount in the toolbar or
    Right-click the drive you want to unmount the image from and select Unmount
    The Left-Click Interface
    DAEMON Tools Lite has a Left Click Interface for convenient access to the most common functions. Simply left-click on the DAEMON Tools Lite tray icon to access it:

Unmount all drives: Unmounts all images that are currently mounted on DAEMON Tools Lite devices
    Additionally, there is a menu entry for each Virtual CD/DVD-ROM device named "Device 0 [E:] DISC-TITLE" (or similar).

mike, Aug 19, 2008
  4. ScottZ

ScottZ

You guys ROCK!

This has to be THE most valuable software for AAO owners!

ScottZ, Aug 20, 2008
Ask a Question