Msconfig Error

Discussion in 'Windows' started by shaggyloc, May 17, 2009.

1. shaggyloc

shaggyloc

Hello All,

I just purchased an Acer Aspire One AOA 150-1691Windows XP based and I went into the MSCONFIG to try to disable some startup items and I am getting an error message saying "An Access Denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. You may need to log on using an Administrator account to make the specified changes.

I checked my admin and rights and I am setup as an Administrator. Can you anyone assist with why I am getting this error message. Other than that, I love this netbook. I am really impressed with it.

Thanks

shaggyloc, May 17, 2009
  2. shaggyloc

Forone

Never had this problem. Several Google results turned up that either HP Printer install or McAfee AV (which I've removed) can cause this:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4531999_fix-acc ... using.html

But maybe you want to own the machine for while before deciding what to disable. Good luck.

Forone, May 18, 2009
  3. shaggyloc

Tamrac

It would help if you specified w/c services or apps you have disabled. It may have some daughter services that needs to be disabled, or it's a needed service that has to be ran on startup.

Tamrac, May 18, 2009
  4. shaggyloc

shaggyloc

Thank you for the link that you sent. That provided some very useful information.

shaggyloc, May 25, 2009
Ask a Question