Multi-touch pad?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by creepinchi, Feb 17, 2009.

1. creepinchi

creepinchi

Hello,

Does anybody know if the new acer aod150 supports multi-touch? I thought I read that it was a multi-touch pad, but I don't know how to get it to work. Does it need a new driver update?

Thanks!

creepinchi, Feb 17, 2009
  2. creepinchi

creepinchi

It looks like synaptics does not support two finger scrolling with their drivers, but their touchpad does have multi-touch capabilities.

I found a two finger scrolling program that will work with the synaptics touch pad:
    http://code.google.com/p/two-finger-scroll/. You'll need to disable the pinch feature if you want to use this. I didn't like the pinch feature anyway...

creepinchi, Feb 22, 2009
  3. creepinchi

Plastikman

I have yet to figure this touch pad out,

It is multi-touch. if you Two-Finger out like an Iphone while in IE it zooms in...

I only found that out because i accidental zoomed way out.... and now i can't figure out how i did that..

it would be nice if this user guide actually was useful ... (coming from a person that usually never reads the manuals)

Plastikman, Feb 27, 2009
  4. creepinchi

creepinchi

If you go through the settings of the synaptics touch pad it has descriptions of what each function does. For the advanced gestures, it even shows you a video.

The feature you used is the pinch feature, so if you use two fingers you can pinch to shrink or "reverse" pinch to expand. If you install the google app that allows two finger scrolling and multi-finger tap, you will want to disable the "pinch" feature of the synaptics touch pad.

creepinchi, Feb 27, 2009
  5. creepinchi

Plastikman

I'm an iphone user so i guess i just thought it would be as intuitive.. or had hoped....

doc, video? lol.. oops...

that was proably some of the first stuff i deleted when i "trimmed down" the bloated xp home install... that lasted all of about 2 hours before i formated an went for an nlited xp corporate install (install 8 now, still trimming it down).

i'll go back and look at that though, thanks....

Plastikman, Feb 28, 2009
Ask a Question