Multitouch Touchpad in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by transfrmr, Jan 16, 2009.

1. transfrmr

transfrmr

So, I decided to dual-boot Windows 7 beta, and so far so good.

I did have a slight problem with the wireless drivers at first, until I figured out that I simply have to completely shut down the PC between switching OSes rather than restarting. For some reason, if I restart either Vista or Windows 7 and switch to the other, the wireless drivers don't work. Another reboot to the same OS fixes it right up, then I tried a complete shut-down between OSes and waiting about 10 seconds before starting back up, and that works every time. I'm guessing the wireless card is running into some sort of problem re-initializing, but haven't looked into it any further yet. Same driver sin both OSes.

BUT, the big thing I've noticed is that the touchpad accepts multitouch inputs! Haven't seen anyone else post this yet, but I've tried it on both Google Maps and in the Windows Photo Gallery, and it is definitely multitouch. I'm not quite used to it yet, it seems to be overly sensitive at the moment, but I went back to Vista and tried and get nothing at all. I'm running the same drivers for both OSes, and the settings are identical in the Mouse and Synaptics properties.

I know that Windows 7 will include multitouch, and our touchpads are multitouch-compatible, but haven't seen much talk about people trying it out. Either it hasn't really been noticed, or no-one cares, lol. Just wondering if anyone else has tweaked this and whether anyone is more sucessful at using it than me? At the moment, it zooms in and out way too fast, and pictures rotate too far, but I'm going to see if I can get it working better with some tweaking.

Transfrmr

transfrmr, Jan 16, 2009
  2. transfrmr

eti

hey, i haven't recognised that this touchpad is able to handle multitouch :) thank you for this information :D
    time to try it out :) but i hope i do not have to install the synaptics driver, because the logging in is long enough with the ssd :)

eti, Jan 16, 2009
Ask a Question