Music Notation Software for AA1 Linpus?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by JazzItDown, Dec 26, 2008.

1. JazzItDown

JazzItDown

Today is my first day with the AA1 and linux. I am trying to install some music notation software (preferably Lilypond http://lilypond.org/web/install/ and/or Denemo http://www.denemo.org/?q=node/4) but I think I am too much of a linux newbie to get these things installed. Any help with these programs or any notation software would be greatly appreciated.

~Grant

JazzItDown, Dec 26, 2008
  2. JazzItDown

jape

You can install Lilypond from the package manager which should make things easy.

I don't know anything about Lilypond, but I might want to install a music notation package later so I'd be interested to know what you think of it.

Regards, Jape

jape, Dec 28, 2008
  3. JazzItDown

Mazzawa

Following reading this post I installed Lilypond via the package manager and was apparently successful but I cannot find a shortcut to access it via the right-click options - I'm presuming this is where all extra, non-linpus standard software shortcuts appear? Any hints as to where I can find the file and create a shortcut either on the right-click menu or the main desktop?

Thanks in advance,

Mazzawa

Mazzawa, Jan 8, 2009
  4. JazzItDown

chrisblack

As an alternative -and I don't know if you can do this in Linpus (I'm using Ubuntu)... I installed WINE, so I could use the software I used to use on Windows and then installed ABC Navigatorb (windows version) as my music notation software (just can't get the sound working for the playback yet)....

Chris

chrisblack, Jan 13, 2009
  5. JazzItDown

JazzItDown

Yeah this is what i ended up doing because i couldnt get lillypond working

JazzItDown, Jan 13, 2009
  6. JazzItDown

chrisblack

have you managed to get the playback working with Wine - or did it work within Linpus??

Thanks

Chris

chrisblack, Jan 14, 2009
Ask a Question