My ALC268 controller is pissing me off!! Please help!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by judeh101, Sep 27, 2008.

1. judeh101

judeh101

ok, I have reached to a level which I wanna smash my aao with a hammer because the sound sometimes pauses, or crackles, or sometimes even the audio controller wouldn't work anymore. (or like in the middle of listening to music and WMP gives me an error message)
    I know this is not defective because some people actually had this issue, should I send it off to repair? or what should I do?

judeh101, Sep 27, 2008
  2. judeh101

judeh101

yeah, I was just saying that so people would reply, lol :lol:
    I love my aao, just the sound pisses me off, thats all

judeh101, Sep 27, 2008
  3. judeh101

Tamrac

Wait for more compatible updated Vista Drivers.... you are running on Vista right? Saw it on your signature. ;)

Tamrac, Sep 27, 2008
  4. judeh101

judeh101

yes, running vista here.
    Even the realtek website driver doesn't work well. Doesn't even solve the problem.

judeh101, Sep 27, 2008
  5. judeh101

judeh101

hey guys, still the same thing, even worse, my audio controller is now even worse, the crackle is bad, I tried R2.07, but that didn't solve the problem, but made it worse instead. I don't know why, but people don't like to respond to my posts. why?

judeh101, Oct 19, 2008
  6. judeh101

zoogle

Probably because no one knows the solution to the problem :/. I have the same issue although I only have popping/crackle on the audio. I'm only testing with pandora radio right now but I don't know whether or not the same will happen with regular audio files (which I haven't tried).

If I were to guess, I would say that it's a BIOS/driver issue. Newest Realtek drivers don't make any difference. Running the latest 3305 BIOS. So I guess we just gotta keep waiting if we want squeaky clean audio :).

If you want and immediate fix, you can either use an external USB soundcard or mod the USB soundcard internally and reroute the output wires to connect to the existing mic and headphone outs.

zoogle, Oct 27, 2008
  7. judeh101

judeh101

yeah, what you mentioned was what I had, popping and crackling as well, I guess acer needs to work.

judeh101, Oct 28, 2008
  8. judeh101

Guest Guest

I got mine working by installing the latest drivers and rebooting, then uninstall them. Reboot then point the hardware installer towards where the driver extracted to from acer. All my clicking etc stopped after that.

Guest, Oct 29, 2008
  9. judeh101

jackluo923

This problem only happens when the laptop is on battery and sound is turned to high. This suggests that it's a AAO hardware problem relating to the powersupply. In fact, there are several instances that shows this power problem:
    1) the screen flickers on low brightness
    2) Screen turns into solid black, orange, green, blue.. etc randomly
    3) Wireless connection failing
    4) System hanging when playing music at max volume

etc....

jackluo923, Jan 1, 2009
  10. judeh101

judeh101

hey jack, I think that it does have a problem with the 5V railing.
    Sometimes, my hard drive has trouble reading a file, such as a Microsoft word document, it'll give me an error message saying it can't find it, but on the second try, usually fixes this problem, but this issue doesn't happen everytime. (just one of my example)

Audio becomes all weird at high volume, especially when the hard drive is accessing other files.
    And headset with loud bass, it makes it all laggy and choppy as well.

judeh101, Jan 1, 2009
  11. judeh101

jackluo923

Here's a temporary fix to your problem:

When you're using battery mode to listen to your music, turn down the brightness of the screen, change the power settings to battery save/whatever mode which lowers CPU clockspeed through speedstep, "turn off" your cpu/northbridge fan using aa1fancontrol.

If you can, adjust the powersetting for your intel integrated media accerlator's "power settings" for the 8.9" LCD monitor. There's 2 mode of "Intel Display Power Saving Technology" options, Using "maximum battery setting will improve AA1's stability.

jackluo923, Jan 1, 2009
Ask a Question