My AO250 will not start after Windows update...

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by TobbeWilson, Apr 25, 2011.

1. TobbeWilson

TobbeWilson

Hi,
    I hope i am posting this on the right place in the right forum.
    I found this forum because i stumbled upon a problem a couple of days ago. After installing the latest updates from Windows update, my Acer (AO250-0Dr) was restarted and after that it will not start again. I can hear that the fan is starting and see that the HDD light is flashing but the startup never comes longer than to the BIOS screen where it says "Press F2 for start up options". If i press F2 nothing at all happens.
    I have seen a lot of different topics on numerous forums where people have difficulties getting it to start due to corrupt BIOS, and also places to download new BOIS version and flashing it during the start up but i have no idea which version to use, if any of them fits my machine. If i press Esc during start up, i can see that my BIOS version is 1.25 and i know that the latest version is 1.29.
    The support page for my model is here http://www.acercomputer.se/ac/sv/SE/content/drivers, go for Netbook/Aspire One/AOD250.

I have no idea if this can solve my problem or if something else has to be done.
    If any of you guys here know, any help is much appreciated.

TobbeWilson, Apr 25, 2011
Ask a Question