MY BRAND NEW BATTERY IS DEAD

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by KEZZER, Dec 1, 2009.

1. KEZZER

KEZZER

I bought my aspire one from asda 6 week ago for my daughters birthday the other day. When i originaly bought it back in October I unpacked it and charged it up set the internet up for my daughter then shut it down and packed it away for 5 week, Then when my daughter unpacked it and tried to charge it up we discovered that the battery was dead and would hold no charge watsoever the netbook works great while ever its plugged in but it wont charge the battery. Because i had not kept the receipt Asda would not entertain me..... Does anybody out there have an idea wat could have happened to the battery it was stored in its original packaging and kept at room temperature for all of the 5 week so i am baffled as to wat as happened to it..

KEZZER, Dec 1, 2009
  2. KEZZER

pablos

Do you have any proof of purchase at all, for example a card statement which shows the entry for Asda?

In UK consumer law you do not need a receipt, just some form of proof of purchase. A card statement is good enough. If they give you any trouble, contact Consumer Direct:

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

pablos, Dec 20, 2009
  3. KEZZER

TantalusFld

Take that computer back and ask for a refund or replacement. There is a defect that drains the battery down when you are not using it. Acer will refuse to acknowledge the problem. There is nothing wrong with the battery or the charger as they will try to tell you.
    Good luck.

TantalusFld, Dec 20, 2009
Ask a Question