my keyboard muddles two symbols

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by dannythefink, Sep 21, 2010.

1. dannythefink

dannythefink

On my AspireOne, the " key produces @ while the @ key produces". This isnt the end of the world, but I would love to fix it. My friend has the same problem with his, so I suspect it is common.

Any thoughts?

dannythefink, Sep 21, 2010
  2. dannythefink

Darryl

your keyboard is set to english US (american) change your keyboard settings to english (en -uk)

Darryl, Sep 21, 2010
  3. dannythefink

dannythefink

Great. But how?

dannythefink, Sep 27, 2010
  4. dannythefink

elPaulio Moderator

Hi Danny,

You need to click on Start and then select Control Panel. In there double click on Regional and Language Options. Then click on the Languages tab along the top and then click on the Details button this should bring up a new window called Text Services and Input Languages.
    Check that English (United States) is the selected options. If its not then there is something else wrong.

What you need to do is either select English (United Kingdom) from the drop down list. If it's not there then click on Add... in the Installed Services section and add it. Once you have added it you can then select if from the drop down.

If you want to be sure it doesn't change back once you have selected English (United Kingdom) and checked it all works you can go back into the above section and Remove the English (United States) option in the installed services area.

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Oct 15, 2010
Ask a Question