My One hates my taste in music [solved]

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by LAZ, Feb 4, 2009.

1. LAZ

LAZ

Thanks to everyone here for the answers you've provided. I've found this forum very useful and usually find answers to my questions by searching. This time, I didn't find anything.

I've recently started using my One for videos and music. But sometimes when the volume peaks, the machine crashes. First, I get a loud stuttering noise. Then I get a blue screen of death. It comes back fine after a reboot, but of course this is annoying.

The most recent time, the stuttering went on constantly after the crash and I couldn't reboot. The unit wouldn't turn off except by unplugging and taking out the battery.

The problem occurs whether the sound comes from online sources or mp3s, so it's not my media player (Winamp). I have the Realtek audio driver that came installed.

Here are a YouTube video () and a shockwave flash that (http://www.hoagiefest.com) both caused my AOA to crash.

Any ideas? Since this has happened with Billy Joel and the Beatles, I'm afraid to play heavy metal.

LAZ, Feb 4, 2009
  2. LAZ

LAZ

Re: My One hates my taste in music

Well, after consulting my computer guru, I downloaded a newer Realtek driver, v.5.10.0.5772, from the Acer site. I've now played the two videos linked above at full volume with no trouble, so I hope that's fixed the problem.

LAZ, Feb 5, 2009
  3. LAZ

LAZ

I have had this problem once or twice since, so I try not play things at top volume.

LAZ, May 10, 2010
Ask a Question