Need compiler to install vmware

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tbosjb, Aug 24, 2008.

1. tbosjb

tbosjb

Vmware installs fines, but says i need to edit config.pol file before will run. No compiler found on system. Gets an error when asking for path to "make" file. I am not great at linux and need help...where can i get a compiler for A1 and how to correctly get working...thanks for help..all other apps working fine...

tbosjb, Aug 24, 2008
  2. tbosjb

hygren

This should probably be moved to Software - Linux.

I'm not a wiz but I think you need to install something called a developer's pack or suite or something like that so that you install automake and autoconf. Not sure how to do that on linpus. Hoping someone else will answer?!

hygren, Aug 25, 2008
  3. tbosjb

Grim Squeaker

If you have not enabled the "advanced" menu yet, do so. Instructions are here:
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28

Alternatively, just use this great tool to switch to the normal desktop, instead of the kiddy acer One.
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1612

Then use the packagemanager (add/remove software) to install gcc, make and so on. You can find them under Development, Development Tools.

Grim Squeaker, Aug 25, 2008
Ask a Question