Need help and advice upgrading wifi card in AOD250

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Diogones, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Diogones

Diogones

Hey all,

This is my first post in the Acer Aspire One User Forum, as I have just joined the community, so I apologize in advance if this question has been asked elsewhere. If so, please direct me to the appropriate thread, and I'll close this one right away.

As the title suggests, I have decided to upgrade the Wi-Fi card in my Acer Aspire One AOD250 with the 2GB RAM upgrade and the 320GB hard drive. I am doing this because I am currently unimpressed with the current internal wireless card's performance. According to the Acer spec sheet for my model, it isn't even a "n" enabled card, but simply a b/g!

However, I'm not really sure how to go about doing this. I checked the User Manual for my model posted on the Acer website, but it is completely unhelpful. Aside from offering a few quick and dirty tips and tricks to using the keyboard and advice on computer maintenance, there is no discussion of the hardware or the manner by which this hardware may be replaced/upgraded.

My major questions with the wifi upgrade are these: is there a manual or how-to in this forum to upgrade the wireless card in my particular model, so that I may how to do it? Is it difficult to perform (i.e. dismantling the screen, keyboard, and other components) because if so, I may just forgo the operation and simply disable the internal wireless adapter and buy a USB network adapter that has a larger antenna and is "n" capable. And finally, what kind of card would I need that would be compatible with my netbook?

Any advice on this matter would be most appreciative, as I hardly know where to start! :?

Diogones, Apr 19, 2012
Ask a Question