Need help for a charging problem

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Thiagoh, Aug 7, 2023.

1. Thiagoh

Thiagoh

Hello guys, i have a lenovo thinkpad T480s running windows 11. Recently my computer stopped charging out of nowhere. I suspected that perhaps the power adapter was the problem but when i plugged it in the adapter i noticed that there was a bit of static sound (meaning the cable from the socket was ok), when i plugged the other cable into the laptop port the light didn’t turn on so i thought that cable (the one from the adapter to the laptop) was damaged BUT the thing is my laptop is a bit scratched therefore some metal (or aluminium) is a bit exposed and everytime i used it while charging it would shock me, so i tried touching it and indeed i got shocked so i came to a conclusion that electricity was indeed being delivered to my pc and the ports were infact working (thats my theory anyways). So i am stuck in this dilema i don’t know what the problem is. Please help

Thiagoh, Aug 7, 2023
Ask a Question