Need help!Format netbook

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mitsos1996, Jul 16, 2014.

1. mitsos1996

mitsos1996

i have an acer aspire one 751h which is running windows xp and edubuntu( it is ubuntu it just contains some extras for school). I don't like neither windows xp nor edubuntu.I want to acces recovery partiton(PQSERVICE) and change its file in order to istall windows7 or windows 8.I have an iso for windows 7 or windows 8. 1) how do i gain acces to PQSERVICE
    2) how do i put files for windows 7 or windows 8 in this partition(should they be an iso or should i extract them?) and how do i erase the old ones? 3) after doing these how can i install windows 7 or 8(for example before i had been pressing alt+f10 so i can enter acer erecovery and install windows xp) ? :confused::confused::confused:
    please help!
    I tried to install windows and ubuntu directly through a usb but it failed. An error occured. that's why i'm trying to install them this way.
    Disclaimer:My recovery partition contains windows xp and edubuntu and i don't want them

mitsos1996, Jul 16, 2014
  2. mitsos1996

Nestone50

I did a clean install of Windows 7 on a similar machine, an Aspire One 532h. I burned the ISO file to a DVD and got an external DVD player that connects to the netbook via the USB port.. By doing a clean install, Windows 7 reformats the entire hard drive of all partitions.

Nestone50, Jul 17, 2014
Ask a Question