need help installing tiny7 rev 01

Discussion in 'Windows' started by breaker213, Jul 22, 2010.

1. breaker213

breaker213

i formatted my flash drive to ntfs then used poweriso to put it on a flash drive also tryed burning it to a dvd then copying files from dvd to flash drive on a different computer and every time i boot it get to the install windows screen but i get

a required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing if you have a driver floppy disk, cd, dvd, or usb flash drive, please insert it now

please help im installing over ubuntu if that has anything to do with it

breaker213, Jul 22, 2010
  2. breaker213

Swarvey Moderator

Check in the BIOS for the Hard Drive Controllers' AHCI setting.

Sounds like you have it currently set to AHCI instead of IDE and the version of Tiny7 you have doesn't have the AHCI drivers available.
    Have checked your other posts, and guessing your D250 didn't come with Windows 7. Downloaded copies of the OS can be buggy, did you torrent your copy of Tiny 7?

Swarvey, Jul 22, 2010
  3. breaker213

breaker213

ok ill try switching that and yes i had xp but deleted the recovery partion on accident so it didnt come with win7 i did have win7 ultimate but it was to slow and so i wanted to try tiny7 and i got tiny7 from a torrent yes and i have been going thourgh OS like crazy trying to find the best one ubuntu was nice but couldnt figure out how to install anything like games looked though tons of guides never got any to work other than the software center ones ive tryed many versions of linux all to hard for me to use ubuntu desktop and netbook, linux mint, kubuntu thanks for the help hope it works

breaker213, Jul 22, 2010
  4. breaker213

Swarvey Moderator

My D250 runs Win7 Ultimate just as good if not better than XP. Games and all, even though I use my desktop for gaming mostly, the netbook moreso for internet and movies. Just upgrade the RAM to 2Gig if you haven't already. Otherwise it's going to be slow whichever OS you use.

Having said that these forums are not here to support pirated operating systems. Consider this a formal warning.

Swarvey, Jul 22, 2010
  5. breaker213

breaker213

ok thanks it didnt work switching it to ide and i promise i will no longer post about or ask help for pirated OSs and when i had xp it was much faster though probably cause i only have 1gb ram

breaker213, Jul 22, 2010
  6. breaker213

Swarvey Moderator

You should be able to pick up a stick of compatible 2Gb RAM pretty cheap these days, it's in your best interests to upgrade it if you're looking for speed and not finding a decent alternative Operating System. Check the RAM Compatibility thread, there's links there that will take you to an eBay search for the appropriate stick, you might find a bargain.

I'm not saying don't use pirated OS's, i'm not saying to use them either, it's your decision. But if you do, you may have to be prepared to fight the bugs.

Swarvey, Jul 23, 2010
Ask a Question