Need help locating model on Acer Support page

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jdgmar, Dec 25, 2008.

1. jdgmar

jdgmar

I have a fully working Acer Aspire One Model ZG5 (Win XP Home) and can not seem to locate any support/downloads for this particular model at the Acer web page. Have run out of ideas when searching this forum. In other words I have made 8 searches and have not found any helpful information.

If someone could point me in the correct direction I would be most thankful.

John

jdgmar, Dec 25, 2008
  2. jdgmar

maxpower2003

Try and find the model as close to yours as you can. Model numbers don't seem to match up. Walmart bought AAO's have different model numbers than Best Buy numbers. And Acer website numbers are different yet again. The specs are the same, just a wonky number system.

maxpower2003, Dec 25, 2008
  3. jdgmar

LAZ

ZG5 seems to be a flavor of the model 150. At least, when I registered mine, that's how it came up in the Acer system. If you register your serial no. and then check it, it will tell you.

LAZ, Dec 27, 2008
  4. jdgmar

yachtpro

When I tried to register my AA1 I kept getting an invalid serial number error. There is another Acer home page that I think is AcerUSA.com and that is dedicated to the AA1. Still had to call them to register. Problem is that they are selling 10k to 15k AA1's in Taiwan alone each month and they can' keep up with the serial numbers. That same phone call will also get you a tech. FYI: Forget about the free recovery discs....I tried three different techs on three different occasions and they all said no dice. Cost is $20 for the discs and $10 shipping.

yachtpro, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question