NEED Help , Wireless and Ubuntu and zombies !

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Andegon, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Andegon

Andegon

Got a Acer a110 , just installed Ubuntu on it via usb. First off i got No Fricking Clue about linux what so ever , but its the only os that can run on this comupter without any lag issues or error and soo on.
    Now , i got most of the things to work on the computer , Exept !! the wireless card , no lights are on , i cant find any wireless connection and i dont know what to do. I read here on the forums about madrive wlan drivers or whats it called ?! , and i installed that package and it seems to change nothing.

Soo i need your help to get my wireless to start , its no use for me to search the threads becuase its alla mambo jambo to me becuase i dont know anything about linux / Ubuntu.
    Can someone please help a braindead zombie to get his Wlan to work, a no brainer guide would help alot !

Thx !

Andegon, Feb 14, 2009
  2. Andegon

Thomas8675309

See here. Scroll down to "madwifi" under "Install Wireless."

Thomas8675309, Feb 14, 2009
  3. Andegon

Andegon

dont know if you got me but i installed the Madwifi package, but nothing changes. Wifi dont work , and that link wasent the best thing explainging how to , im sorry but i need a better guide.
    A step throu would be good , like step 1: asadad , step 2 : sadasdad , and soo on

Andegon, Feb 15, 2009
  4. Andegon

vautrin44

Your solution is called Ubuntu Netbook Remix. I´ll try to find the address where I downloaded the installation files (for use with a boot usb flash drive).

My wifi works even better than before with UNR.

vautrin44, Feb 15, 2009
  5. Andegon

vautrin44

vautrin44, Feb 15, 2009
  6. Andegon

Andegon

so i can used UNR on my already installed Ubuntu ?
    I just follow the package guide ?

Andegon, Feb 15, 2009
Ask a Question