need help with 3g

Discussion in 'Linux' started by soratheultima, Apr 27, 2009.

1. soratheultima

soratheultima

hello all ^^ well today i saw that the new ubuntu 9.04 came out... i am still downloading it but what i am worried about is how is the 3g going to work without the program. i am using a A150X-3G from tmobile germany... and im getting tired of windows xp... im not playing any games on this thing so i thought hey since i only watch videos chat and listen to music and surf the web i thought ubuntu is a nice replacement :D. so i wanted to ask if there is a way of using the 3g in ubuntu *do i have to download any software... or do i have to do anything else* i tried searching for things already but came up with nothing can any body please help me :3.

soratheultima, Apr 27, 2009
  2. soratheultima

melhiore

Yes. 3G modem installed will work with Linux w/o problems. Always you can run Ubuntu Live version from USB and check if you have any doubts...

melhiore, Apr 27, 2009
  3. soratheultima

soratheultima

ok but how would i use it... how would i connect to tmobile germany? *ps it uses a simcard*

soratheultima, Apr 28, 2009
  4. soratheultima

melhiore

Don't know how T-mobile Germany works but you must have 3G ready SIM card, you should find information what password, user and number you should use with your modem and all this stuff must be put to Wireless Networks manager in modem configuration tab. That's common way of doing this - I hope T-mobile G is not any different...

melhiore, Apr 28, 2009
Ask a Question