Need help with airport connection

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Extrastarka, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Extrastarka

Extrastarka

Hello!
    I'm a newbie who has managed to install osx on the acer one. But I cant get to the internet wireless. I have a dell 1390. I'm connected with the router, but sometimes it says self assigned ip...., but when I give the airport an ip it is connected but I cant surf the internet

I hope you can help

Extrastarka, Jan 31, 2009
  2. Extrastarka

robo

Sounds like it might be a problem with your wireless access point, not with necessarily the Acer. Have you tried restarting your router? What kind of security is being used?

robo, Jan 31, 2009
  3. Extrastarka

Extrastarka

Thank you for comment
    I have tried three diffrent wirless networks, and its the same, I can connect if I give the computer an IP, but I cant go the internet.
    The wired network cant be used either, it seeams to be som trouble with the network in the computer. Do you have any idea???

4. Extrastarka

Extrastarka

Are there some diffrences between 1390 and 1490 dell wireless cards? It is installed a 1390 in the computer. But something must be wrong and I have followed the manual which is posted at the forum for the installation

5. Extrastarka

Extrastarka

No security

6. Extrastarka

Extrastarka

I have made a ping test and there is connection between the router and the computer, packets are sent between but no Internet :(

7. Extrastarka

pink

OS-X is impatient and can easily time out before a dhcp reply is got from your router.
    This is specially likely if your wireless is having any difficulty connecting. Most
    routers will assign clients an IP nr in the range 168.192.x.y, but if your Airport
    has a "self-assigned IP..." this will be 169.254.x.y given by OS-X's internal mdns.
    udp ping packets will be replied to but tcp traffic will not be routed to the internet.
    Uhuh, but what IP did you give your computer? Is it on the secondary or client subnet
    of your router? When you manually set TCP/IP you must get the router's address
    and the netmask set correctly too. Your router manual or setup instructions should tell you this.

pink, Feb 1, 2009
  8. Extrastarka

Extrastarka

Local IP Address: 198.168.1.100
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Starting IP Address: 192.168.1. 101

What Ip do I hace to write in the computer

Extrastarka, Feb 1, 2009
  9. Extrastarka

Extrastarka

IPv4 adress what is this??

Extrastarka, Feb 1, 2009
  10. Extrastarka

chuckcalo

If your router is not configured to automatically assign IPs then I believe you have to call your ISP so they can give you their host's IP. It is the same as windows, I'm amazed there people that can install OS x on their machines yet they don't know how to connect to the internet or just assign an IP.

chuckcalo, Feb 2, 2009
  11. Extrastarka

Extrastarka

Hello!
    Windows doesnt complain it works nice.
    Today it worked at school but it still wont work at home..

Extrastarka, Feb 2, 2009
Ask a Question