Need Laptop for online work .

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Frzzrf, Jul 4, 2023.

1. Frzzrf

Frzzrf

Hi
    I want to buy a brand new lap top for online work , moderate programming work and might be for moderate video editing work .
    My budget is around between $600 to $650.
    Please suggest me which brand of laptop should I buy and what shall be its configuration.i.e ram? Cores ? storage etc?

Thanks

Fraz

Frzzrf, Jul 4, 2023
  2. Frzzrf

Frzzrf

I would prefer hp, dell, lenevo

Frzzrf, Jul 4, 2023
  3. Frzzrf

Matthew Taylor

You could look out for brands like Acer, ASUS, HP, and Lenovo that offer laptops within this budget.

Matthew Taylor, Jul 13, 2023
  4. Frzzrf

Flowace

Hello there!

For your budget of $600 to $650, you can find some good laptops that meet your requirements for online work, moderate programming, and moderate video editing. Here are some general guidelines for the configuration you should look for:

1. Processor (CPU): Aim for at least an Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 processor. These processors offer good performance for multitasking and moderate video editing.

2. RAM: Opt for a minimum of 8GB RAM, but if possible, try to get 16GB RAM. More RAM will help with smooth multitasking and video editing.

3. Storage: Look for a laptop with an SSD (Solid State Drive) for faster boot times and snappier performance. A 256GB SSD should be sufficient, but if you can find a 512GB SSD within your budget, that's even better.

4. Graphics Card (GPU): While integrated graphics can handle moderate video editing, if you can find a laptop with a dedicated GPU, it will significantly improve video editing performance. Look for laptops with NVIDIA GeForce GTX or AMD Radeon graphics.

5. Display: For video editing, a laptop with a good display is essential. Aim for a Full HD (1920x1080) resolution, and if possible, an IPS panel for better color accuracy and viewing angles.

6. Battery Life: If you need to work on the go, consider a laptop with decent battery life to ensure you can work without being tethered to a power outlet constantly.
    As for the brand, some reputable laptop brands known for their reliability and performance include Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer, ASUS, and MSI. It's always a good idea to read reviews and check customer feedback to get a sense of the laptop's real-world performance and reliability.

Keep in mind that specific models and configurations may vary depending on your location and the availability in your area. So, when shopping, compare different models and configurations within your budget to find the best fit for your needs.

Overall, a laptop with the above-mentioned configuration should serve you well for online work, moderate programming, and video editing within your budget range. Happy laptop hunting!

Flowace, Aug 2, 2023
Ask a Question