need some help :(

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Not1ofthePack, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Not1ofthePack

Not1ofthePack

I was working taking the tape of the cable and I was using a needle to help with the separation, I exposed 2 wires of there blue protectivive coating. I then partly resembled the aa1 and now my screen boots with everything being pink... :(. does anyone have a "DP0ZG5TH100 ZG5LCD CABLE MEC 2008/11/26 (HT) C8" cable laying around or know where to find one?

Not1ofthePack, Feb 15, 2009
  2. Not1ofthePack

Chaos

ooo that sucks... ive been having issues with my screen cable too. every once in a while, when i put the laptop back together, it'll only display and image on the left side of the screen, and the right side will be blank. but the resolution of the left side gets kicked up to 1280x1024, and everything looks GREAT :p. im not sure where you might be able to find a spare cable, but you may check ebay. i've always had great service from http://www.laptopaid.us (should redirect you to ebay)

quick question though: why were you trying to take the tape off of the LCD cable anyways?

Chaos, Feb 15, 2009
  3. Not1ofthePack

Not1ofthePack

with the directions I have on how to instill the touch screen, it hinted at it but the directions are very poor in details , so it was semi guessing most of the way though. I was taking the tape off so I could have the usb cord back in the main board, instead of doubling up in the henge section . I called acer tech support and told them the part I needed. They said they could not send the part out, however I could send it in to the and they would repair it, since it was cover in my warranty. So I was quickly thinking in my head, ok this conversation is being recorded and I have openly admitted that I had opened the aa1, and he still saying they will repair it. So i will take everything I have done to it out and reput back together to have then replace the cable.

Not1ofthePack, Feb 15, 2009
  4. Not1ofthePack

Chaos

i dont see why you would need to take the tape off of the LCD cable to install a touchscreen though. the tape was made to stay on it to keep it flat against the motherboard.

Chaos, Feb 15, 2009
  5. Not1ofthePack

Not1ofthePack

with the instructions I got with the order from ebay, it "picture" showed me what to do, yeah, no real written directions. the pictured showed undoing the tape and taking the usb connection that went to the cam and putting in in there usb hub that came with the screen. than had another cable running from the hub up to the webcam.

Not1ofthePack, Feb 17, 2009
Ask a Question