Need urgent help with my netbook

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Aspireuser25, May 1, 2010.

1. Aspireuser25

Aspireuser25

I recentley wiped my netbook and when I keep the charger plugged intp it the internet works perfectly, however when I take the charger out the internet just stops working. I figured it has something to do with the power saving options but I just cant seem to find where to change it, ive been through my control panel and it still wouldnt browse, I changed all of the battery settings and tried each one eg. max battery, portable/laptop but still got nothing, I need the internet to work without the charge so if anyone can hep id apreciate it.

Aspireuser25, May 1, 2010
  2. Aspireuser25

Swarvey Moderator

You haven't mentioned which Operating System you're using, so this will be generalised for Windows.

Open up your device manager and find your network adapters in the list.

Right click on each one and goto their properties page. In one of the tabs in here (power management) you have to untick the box beside "Allow the computer to turn this device off to save power"

Note: Not all devices have this option

Swarvey, May 2, 2010
Ask a Question