Netbook 751h Freezes during standby

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jplatt09, Oct 12, 2009.

1. jplatt09

jplatt09

I have 2 of these that I bought just a few weeks ago, and I have very few if any lockups with with windows XP pro, paired down to a minimal install using TinyXP09. Bios 3206 But About once a week or so I get a lockup while it is in standby with the lid closed. I'll open it up from standby and the screen is on, but black, and the fan is humming a way and the netbook is very warm, as if the CPU is on full throttle. And it requires a full restart and its fine even though its hot.

Anyone else experience this? I've had one or 2 lockups while I was using it but may more in standby. This is probably just a coincidence and related to the Netbook freezes thread.??

Does this mean I have a heat problem? a memory problem? or both... Next step I guess would be to try the memory vent mod...

jplatt09, Oct 12, 2009
  2. jplatt09

nafanyaferrari

Yeah, my Acer Aspire 8.9" netbook has the same problem. More often than not, when I put the lid down, it freezes up, and the only thing I can do is force the power-off. Anyone know what my problem might be?

nafanyaferrari, Nov 6, 2009
  3. jplatt09

Nick_in_Wash

See the "Netbook Freezes Randomly" thread and settle in for a long read... Shorter answer: if it freezes, send it back to Acer immediately (probably several times, but let's not be too cynical too soon).

Nick_in_Wash, Nov 6, 2009
Ask a Question