Netbook does not appear to turn on

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by bigfatmamma, Jan 12, 2010.

1. bigfatmamma

bigfatmamma

I rebooted my Acer Aspire One 751h today and when i try to turn it back on, the power light lights up, but you can not hear the fan and there is no display!!!! :eek:
    Please Help!!!

bigfatmamma, Jan 12, 2010
  2. bigfatmamma

jai

Replace the memory module

JK

jai, Jan 12, 2010
  3. bigfatmamma

bigfatmamma

How do I?

bigfatmamma, Jan 12, 2010
  4. bigfatmamma

Eosblue

Before replacing, I would reseat the memory stick.

Eosblue, Jan 13, 2010
  5. bigfatmamma

Eosblue

Turn the computer upside down. I think it's the middle access panel. It's definitely not the large access panel as that's where the hard drive is located which is also a fairly easy replacement. I upgraded my HD from the 160GB to a 250GB drive is just a few minutes.

Anyway, the memory stick is under one of the 2 remaining panels and I'm pretty sure it's the middle one as mentioned above.

If you're going to mess around with the memory stick, that would also be a good time to pop in a 2GB stick if you only have 1GB RAM. I think I only paid about $30 or less for my 2GB stick.

Eosblue, Jan 13, 2010
  6. bigfatmamma

Indie

Where was that at? I need to know please.

Indie, Jan 13, 2010
  7. bigfatmamma

Eosblue

Not sure what you mean. I bought my 2GB stick at crucial.com for about $55. If you replace the memory stick, you will need either a 1GB or a 2GB stick. There is only one slot in the computer so you can't add two 1GB sticks to get 2GB.

I'm wondering if you problem is a completely dead battery? IF you're not plugged in AND you have dead battery, that could cause the problem. Even if you are plugged in, some times on my computer I have to "wiggle" the external power cord in the Acer socket in order to get the yellow light on the extreme left side of the front of the computer to come on. Note, the light will be green if the battery is fully charged.

I would think no matter what the problem is, you should see a power light when you plug into A/C power.

Besides reseating the memory stick, calling Acer tech support might be your best option.

Good luck...

Eosblue, Jan 13, 2010
Ask a Question