Netbook freezes randomly

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by maartendq, Jul 17, 2009.

1. maartendq

gsearle

Re: New motherboard version

Well, it's not freezing as much :roll: It's livable, but not fixed.

gsearle, Dec 28, 2009
  2. maartendq

samcat

Sorry. I hate to say it, but it sounds as if your netbook isn't fixed AT ALL. Computers are NOT supposed to lock up when being used, full stop.

samcat, Dec 28, 2009
  3. maartendq

GCARTER

;) My grandaughter has a cute Acer. I found it freezes up when it gets very hot. As soon as possible I am getting her a tabletop cooler fan to sit it on. That should solve the problem for sure :D and Battery operated so it can be transported with the Acer. Hope this helps everyone. The Acer does not have the nescessary cooling elements.. Also if you are in a hurry and can not wait for it to cool down for the mouse to work. Remove the battery inside and then replace, altho you might lose infor not saved..... :shock: The Acer will reset its self. Another plan........ hold down the power button for at least 10 secs. Hard shut down... Hope this helps..... Have a great day!! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

GCARTER, Dec 28, 2009
  4. maartendq

Netbroke

facepalm :|

Netbroke, Dec 29, 2009
  5. maartendq

c921

I read all of your frustrations. I was also an Acer defective user.

Having gone through 3 acer netbooks, 3 service repairs, I can finally say Acer has solved my problem.
    At first I thought it was a heat problem. I even took out the black plastic that's covering the slot of the RAM, but it just made the freezing worse so I put it back.I even bought a chill mat for netbooks, and it still froze. They said its a memory problem but I never changed my RAM and it seems to work now.

The only thing that kept my netbook working is that Acer has changed its HDD from seagate to toshiba.
    Then they changed the LCD screen (I don't know why) - but they said they saw gray horizontal lines.
    Then the last repair they made was they changed the motherboard. Ever since from the time I got it from the repair center, it never froze and its always on sleep mode. I never turned it off, left it idle for almost 2 months now... never had a single freeze.I even got to play HD on youtube but with 720p only.
    When I send it in for repair I tell the CS Reps detailed incidents why it freezes and suggestions on what to change. It took them 3 times to repair it but they finally fixed my netbook's issues.

c921, Dec 29, 2009
  6. maartendq

Pdam_lux

As an dd note we can be assured that Acer CCD knows about this problem
    I had the CS guy read it while i was on the phone with him so they can be up to speed
    with all of our experiences so far
    as for mine is on its way back to them for a high priority repair
    which means a lot of people on both sides are watching this baby
    if we can get a clear fix it means Acer can aviod a recall
    if it cannot be fixed I dont see any choice but a
    replacement with a working unit or another model being offered !
    whice brings me back to a question i asked earlier
    "is the AS1410 having the freezing problem"
    regards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TfAwlCd ... re=related

Pdam_lux, Dec 29, 2009
  7. maartendq

ulissesbr

are you saying your acer stop freezing?

so acer change your HDD and your lcd screen?

yesterday nights my acer freezing again....after 6 hours....this is cool.

acer should pay us after many test we did for try find the especific problem in AO751h. LOL

ulissesbr, Dec 29, 2009
  8. maartendq

Netbroke

My unit had the Toshiba drive out of the box and still froze on me. That leaves a MoBo and LCD, and Mobo's have been replaced without luck in some cases I believe. Is it the LCD?!? :eek:

As for the AST's, all I've heard on them is the Mic. wire under the wrist rest gets crunched under weight and over heats melting the chassis(On certain models) I "can" say that I have read freezing complaints on some of the models while researching the 751h.

Netbroke, Dec 29, 2009
  9. maartendq

ulissesbr

OH MY GOD!!!!

We are near to resolve the problem!!!!!! LOL

why someone just not do a test with the lcd screen??

ulissesbr, Dec 29, 2009
  10. maartendq

Netbroke

I don't have mine but, plug into external monitor and shut off LCD. See how it goes...

You never know...

Netbroke, Dec 30, 2009
  11. maartendq

techiediva

yeah... I think they were joking about the LCD thing.

techiediva, Dec 30, 2009
  12. maartendq

lancemoreland

Over a week now and absolutely no freezes since its return from Acer. I bought two of these from Radio Shack at the same time during the Thanksgiving sale. One has never locked up and now the other has not since being repaired by Acer.

Lance
    www.lancemoreland.com

lancemoreland, Dec 31, 2009
  13. maartendq

Netbroke

I received a call from Acer just now asking for information and details on the issue, they also thoroughly read this thread. They assured me an "internal investigation" is going to be completed and the problem will be certainly looked into.

I hope everything gets taken care of in the end, good luck all.

Netbroke, Dec 31, 2009
  14. maartendq

samcat

Wouldn't that be nice if Acer was able to fix this problem. (Of course, it does beg the question why it took them so long. After 54 pages of complaints about the netbook's freezing problem starting from July and, no doubt, countless repairs on their part for this model, you would think that someone in Acer might have noticed.) In any case, one can only hope that a solution will finally be found.

Happy New Year to all.

samcat, Jan 1, 2010
  15. maartendq

c921

1.) Yes, after 3 netbooks, 3 repairs, I never had any freezes. EVER.

2.) First repair, they replaced my HDD Seagate to Toshiba. on my 2nd attempt to have it fixed, they replaced my LCD screen because they said they found gray horizontal lines running across so they changed it without telling me. I just found out after I received it back from them. They also replaced the sliver casing on my netbook (I think they damaged it during the 2nd repair because when it came back to me it had scratches. The third time I brought it back, it looked brand new, no more scratches.) Oh and I forgot they also flashed my BIOS to the latest one.

c921, Jan 1, 2010
  16. maartendq

c921

All units have different issues. As I've posted before I've gone through 3 netbooks, and 3 repairs with my last one.

Having replaced my HDD the first time, the LCD the 2nd time and Motherboard the 3rd time... I am done with the freezing issue.
    I also didn't pay anything for the shipping back and forth (3 times) and the last repair they put me on priority w/c took less than a week to fix. Use your warranty before it expires. I didn't stop until they finally fixed it.

c921, Jan 1, 2010
  17. maartendq

c921

I resolved mine, and I don't care if they replaced the LCD or the whole thing, just as long as I don't have the FREEZING issues anymore :p

c921, Jan 1, 2010
  18. maartendq

c921

Okay to make it clear and what made my freezing issues stop, I'll copy the 3 repair comments Acer gave me when I got my netbook back.

Date: 9/11/2009 -> Ist repair

Repair Comments: Replaced hard drive

Parts Used:
    Part Num: KH.25004.003
    Description: HDD 250GB 54000RPM SATA 2 2.5" MK2555GSX TOSHIBA LIBRA LF F/W:FG001J

Date: 10/27/2009 -> 2nd repair

Repair Comments: Replaced LCD Screen. Passed Tests.

Parts Used:
    Part Num: LK.11605.001
    Description: LCD LED 11.6" WXGA GLARE AUO B116XW02 V0 LF 200NT 8MS 500:1

Date: 11/16/2009 -> 3rd and Final repair

Repair Comments: Replaced motherboard and upper case, softloaded unit, diagnostic pass.

Parts Used:
    Part Num: 60.S8107.002
    MB.S8506.002
    Description: Upper Case Assy Silver W/ TP, FFC*2 For Non BT/3G
    MAINBOARD AO751H LF CHIPSET:US15W, CPU: Z520, Bluetooth

I also forgot to mention I've had webcam issues too. When I used skype before with video, webcam ALWAYS FREEZES. I can only use it for a minute or two then it would stop working. After the final repair, I'm able to use it flawlessly and I've tested it for more than 5 hours straight everyday and no more freezing webcams too. :p

Hope this helps.

c921, Jan 1, 2010
  19. maartendq

ulissesbr

I can't understand why the LCD can cause a problem and freezing the netbook. Probally it's the motherboard and/or the HDD.

yesterday my acer simply freezing when i just in the msn and using Google chrome.

this 30 minuts after i turn on him, so yeah..it's not the temperature...

the bad is, i trying find some way to fix the problem, my country just not have the same support of acer than yours, here we have a another company who works for acer, and not the acer specifically.

if it's the HDD and Motherboard i can send to store and ask to change them.

ulissesbr, Jan 2, 2010
  20. maartendq

Mandal

Some times my 751h freezes after only five minutes of use - so definitely not a temperature problem. I would suspect motherboard or memory looking at the behavior/symptoms. I have just initiated a support issue at the Danish section of Acer. Looking forward to hearing from them, hopefully tomorrow. I have not seen any official recall of the 751h in Denmark.

Mandal, Jan 2, 2010
Ask a Question