Netbooks: biggest disadvantage - IMO: screen height

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by NewCityVegas, Feb 4, 2009.

1. NewCityVegas

NewCityVegas

Even though you may love your netbook overall, from your experience so far, what do you dislike the most about it? What feature do you think needs to be most improved or added? Newer and future models have much bigger SSD and hard drives, more memory, faster performance, and better keyboards.

What is the most important missing features for a "net" book? For me: screen resolution.

IMO, 1024x600 is just not good enough for internet browsing. It is bad enough that many web sites have jumped to 1280 pixel width, but a netbook's 600 pixel (welcome to the 1990's) height is, for me, just unnecessarily annoying.

It may not be necessary to go all the way to standard 1280x1024 resolution, considering the small chassis dimensions of most netbooks, but, what is wrong with at least a 1152x768 pixel screen? 1152x768 is the same screen dimension used by some earlier Apple Powerbooks.

With reading glasses (I always use for computers) I have no difficulty viewing an 8.9 inch screen at 1024x600. At 1152x768 on a larger 10.2 inch screen, viewing should be just as easy, just more functional.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Opinion - fluff vs screen resolution:
    http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/01/2...ing-fluff-and-focus-on-the-screen-resolution/

NewCityVegas, Feb 4, 2009
  2. NewCityVegas

evilelvis

with the good ol' F11 button on Internet Explorer and Firefox it's actually not as bad as people make it to seem.

evilelvis, Feb 5, 2009
  3. NewCityVegas

teh_qube

F11 has saved my life, without it you're reading one line at a time :|

teh_qube, Feb 5, 2009
Ask a Question