Network disappeared

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Scottola, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Scottola

Scottola

My Aspire One has been tootling along nicely, but I turned it on the other day and it didn't connect to the wireless network.

When you go to network settings, nothing comes up and even plugging in an ethernet cable has no effect.

I haven't done anything, software wise, etc to it, it's just happened all of a sudden.

Anyone else had this and got round it, I think I may have to flash it back default with the boot disc :(

Scottola, Nov 8, 2008
  2. Scottola

sakman

I had issues with the wireless once and it turned out the config directories were hosed.

Do you have this directory?

/home/user/.gconf/system/networking/connections

There should be at least one sub-directory named "1" (the number one) and an empty xml file.

After I got my network working again I saved off that "1" directory to my home directory just in case...

sakman, Nov 9, 2008
  3. Scottola

Scottola

I couldn't get my head around quite what to do with your advice to make it work, so in the end I reflashed and started the AO again from scratch.

Thanks for your help though

Scottola, Nov 23, 2008
Ask a Question