NETWORK PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Linux' started by fergusfallon, Feb 15, 2010.

1. fergusfallon

fergusfallon

RECENTLY, MY ASPIRE ONE KEEPS LOOSING THE NETWORK CONNECTION

I HAVE A FULL STRENGTH SIGNAL, BUT THE BROADBAND CONNECTION BETWEEN THE MODUM AND THE NETBOOK BECOMES DISCONNECTED

SOME DAYS, THERE ARE NO ISSUES, THE CONNECTION TO THE MODUM REMAINS CONSTANT

OTHER DAYS, I WILL CONTINUE TO LOOSE CONNECTION, AND AFTER A TIME, GET ANNOYED AND TURN OFF THE NETBOOK

I HAVE MY NETWORK BROADBAND SUPPLIER WORKING ON IT FROM THEIR SIDE, BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF THIS IS AN INHERENT ISSUE WITH THE ASPIRE ONE OPERATION LINUX SYSTEM

COULD IT BE A DRIVE ISSUE

THANKS

fergusfallon, Feb 15, 2010
  2. fergusfallon

RockDoctor

Please don't post in all caps. It's considered bad netiquette.

As for your problem (I presume it's with a wireless connection), which Aspire One model do you have, and what version of Linux are you using? FWIW, I have the AOA150; It came with Windows XP installed, and I've also run Linpus Lite, Mandriva, Puppy, Fedora, Ubuntu, Mint, Crunchbang, and Kuki without any problems either at home. On the road, I seem to have no problems in public libraries, restaurants, or highway rest areas with wifi, but often have difficulty connecting at motels - not sure why this is.

RockDoctor, Feb 16, 2010
Ask a Question