Network quirk on my Toshiba Satellite L750-136

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Connor Cook, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Connor Cook

Connor Cook

This is a really frustrating problem when it happens, and I cannot predict when it will strike! My laptop automatically connects to my home network, lets call it BTHub3-XXXX. People from the UK might recognise the format. There are times, however, when I will boot up, or open the lid of my sleeping laptop, and instead of my usual connection the SSID reads BTHub3-XXXX2. It will have the little orange exclamation point and wont allow internet access. Sometimes, if I try to troubleshoot problems it will say there was something wrong with the DNS (though I don't fully understand what that means) and the problem will be fixed, other times it will report that the problem couldn't be resolved.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? How can I prevent this happening in the future? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Connor Cook, Jan 15, 2016
  2. Connor Cook

something back

With the extra btxxx2 right click on it, and remove/disable it when it shows up again.

This will be another close wifi connection may be a house a few doors away.

Dns is a internet domain name identifier.

Your router will have your dns protocols, the ones you typed in when you
    first received, and installed your bt hub.

The error you are receiving is telling you it cannot connect to this second system
    this btxxx2 which someone else owns.

It's not wise to have a laptop in sleep mode,go to power options in the control panel
    choose “what the power button does” and alter it to power off.

something back, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Connor Cook

Connor Cook

Could I ask, why is sleep mode bad for a laptop? I've never heard this before. Unfortunately, my laptop has seen a fair bit of use and takes a while to boot up at this point so always shutting down fully is a bit of a hassle. If its not going to be used for a while, obviously I shut it down.

Connor Cook, Jan 16, 2016
  4. Connor Cook

something back

WELCOME TO THE LAPTOP-FORUMS SITE BY THE WAY.

It's uncommon but sometimes a laptop can hang in that mode making it almost unrecoverable.

See if this program will help speed up your machine it's called ccleaner and can be found here.

http://www.freewarefiles.com/CCleaner_program_14447.html

something back, Jan 16, 2016
Ask a Question