NetworkManager profiles.txt

Discussion in 'Networking' started by anz, Oct 19, 2008.

1. anz

anz

I have a Huawei E169, which works with pppd and gnome-ppp without any troubles.
    But I cannot get a connection with the NetworkManager (NM) - the 3G-icon appears when the usb stick is plugged in, but there is no chance to choose any provider.
    There is a file called /etc/NetworkManager/profiles.txt - but "my" provider (yesss.at) is not listened in. May be, thats why NM "fails" - it checks the provider information of the umts stick but the result (provider yesss) does not match with the providers in /etc/NetworkManager/profiles.txt. Is that correct? How to edit the profiles.txt?

anz, Oct 19, 2008
  2. anz

anz

But after the last live update (with that update for huawei modem), a new programme - called MobilePartner - was installed.
    You can find it at the connection part ("Verbinden" at the german version) of the Linpus desktop. Just plug in your huawei usb modem.
    The programme finds the device, reads out the provider data (the first time, you have to enter the pin) - just create a new profile - only set a name for it - save it as default - thats it ( ... I hope not only for me ... ). Great!

Here another posting about:
    http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5367&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10#p36628

anz, Oct 20, 2008
Ask a Question