NeverWintter Nights

Discussion in 'Windows' started by roninmind, Nov 10, 2008.

1. roninmind

roninmind

Has anyone actually gotten this game to work? i own it ( version 1.22), made iso images and installed with the help of magicdisk. Everything seemed to go alright, I got the initial screen where you have the various options, including starting the game. Then it asks to insert the play disc, which I then mounted on the virtual drive. It looks like the game loader gets started, but the game does not begin and the nwloader screen disappears.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this going? Is it a version issue, driver or graphics card issue?

TIA

roninmind, Nov 10, 2008
  2. roninmind

tabzer

i would say get the latest official patch, 1.69 its around 300+mb i believe, the cd check has been disabled since a few versions ago.

tabzer, Nov 12, 2008
  3. roninmind

roninmind

Thanks Tabzer, you rock! It works now. I just hit the update button which took me to a patch download window and basically let the download agent do it's thing. It took about 30 minutes, which includes the patch installation process, which was also automatic. Pretty painless all in all.

Thanks again!

roninmind, Nov 13, 2008
  4. roninmind

tabzer

NP, how's yours performing btw?

i installed mine and it set settings high on graphics by default, adjusted it but still have difficulty with the framerates being too low to be playable no matter if i put the quality slider all the way down, finally changing the advanced sound options, choosing among the sound provider list finally did the trick. its somewhat playable now on medium video settings..

tabzer, Nov 14, 2008
  5. roninmind

Gallean

I'm planning to install isos of NWN with the 2 expansions on my AAO using Daemon Tools. Is there some way I can apply the update/s without having to connect my AAO directly to the internet? The internet connection is on my desktop and I haven't got a wireless router thingie going on.

Can I download the entire update on my desktop and then just copy and install it to my AAO?

Gallean, Feb 5, 2009
Ask a Question