New AO751h owner, battery sticking out question

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by marcuslee, Mar 12, 2010.

1. marcuslee

marcuslee

Hi Guys,

My apologies for probably posting a very obvious question, but googling hasn't quite got me the answers I can be sure of.

I've just purchased one of the above, and have received one where the battery doesn't sit flush at the back, but has the extra row of cells. Does that mean I have a 6 cell or 9 cell?

Also where can I get / where's the best place to get my hands on a flush battery (or what product code should be looking for)?

From googling I get the impression it should be a 6 cell, but I think I also see 3 cell mentioned as well??

Advice to clarify appreciated,

Marcus

marcuslee, Mar 12, 2010
  2. marcuslee

gadzooks64

The 3 cell battery is the one that will fit flush.

You are much better off with the larger battery since the 3 cell doesn't last very long at all. I replaced my 3 cell with a 9 cell battery I bought on eBay. If you really want a 3 cell I would recommend looking on eBay.

gadzooks64, Mar 13, 2010
  3. marcuslee

marcuslee

Thanks for that! When you say not long at all - any rememberence of what it was?

Marcus

marcuslee, Mar 13, 2010
  4. marcuslee

Pytheas

Hi Marcus,

can you share your battery's serial number/code/whatever number it has on it? That will be very helpful in determining the battery's characteristics! It's not a 3-cell anyway, since it sticks out of the netbook.

I agree that one of the netbook's strong points is the long battery life, so I am not bothered by my 6-cell battery sticking out.

Pytheas, Mar 13, 2010
  5. marcuslee

marcuslee

Hi Pytheas,

It's UMB09B31, which I've since googled and it has indeed revealed it's is 6 cell. What I didn't realise though, was the massive variety in batteries out there, ie multiple configurations of 6 cells, 9 cells etc available!!

Having looked more into the 3 cell side of things though, they seem to be a scarcity, and also for some reason I've come across some inconsistent battery codes for the 3 cell battery... but I think I may have one lead on ebay (though I think it'd have been nicer to have taken an unwanted 3 cell off another owner hands).

marcuslee, Mar 13, 2010
  6. marcuslee

marcuslee

Just as a follow up on this - I can't seem to source a black 3 cell battery anywhere :shock: !!

(Ebay retailers only have it in blue).

Might there be anyone with some leads?

marcuslee, Mar 16, 2010
  7. marcuslee

Roldy

@marcuslee: Its been a while since your last post so i dunno if youve gotten this dealt with yet. But I have a 3 cell black battery for my 751 (came with my device) and i have been looking into either buying another 3 to swap out on the fly, or live with the extra size and buy a 6. To that end, i would be up for a trade if you are!

how old is your 751 (ie: how old is your battery/how long does it last you?). I push almost 4h out of my 3cell with extreme battery saving protocols, i usually get about 3h. I bought it the beginning of April. Itd be so much easier if we're local to one another, but im not apposed to snail mail. Im in Toronto Canada. where are u? if@ all interested PM me or respond in this thread.

Cheers
    Roldy

Roldy, Jun 3, 2010
Ask a Question