New BBC iPlayer

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mikekirk, Dec 21, 2008.

1. mikekirk

mikekirk

I was wondering if anyone has had any success getting the new version of the BBC iPlayer that uses an Adobe AIR application to download programmes to your local drive under Linpus?

I've managed to succesfully upgrade my Flash Player to v10, install Adobe AIR and the BBC iPlayer application and get the iPlayer desktop application running. However, when I click on the link on the website to download a programme, nothing happens. :-(

It's all working beautifully on my Mac at least, though the picture appears to be worse on the downloaded version of programmes that it is on the streamed copies!!

mikekirk, Dec 21, 2008
  2. mikekirk

1050rat

If that doesn't work you can always try this....which I've been using successfully for a number of months now..no DRM issues etc.

>> http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer/

Cheers

1050rat, Dec 23, 2008
  3. mikekirk

mikekirk

That looks very interesting, I'll give it a look; thanks.

mikekirk, Dec 24, 2008
  4. mikekirk

maverick55

I've had a look at the getiplayer link, but am very confused.

any chance of an idiots guide to installing that on my AAO please 1050rat ??

EDIT - Have it working, thanks for that. my gf can dl things like rachel allen cooking whilst she's asleep, and then watch when out during the day.

Showing her how to use the terminal to operate it is a step too far for now though, so she'll just see the end product, which is the shows avail to watch.

Just one question. i can see how to stream whilst dling a tv programme, but whats the line to stream a radio station pls.

Ta

maverick55, Dec 28, 2008
  5. mikekirk

kghunt

that is awesome already downloaded wallace and gromit and now i am downloading series 12 of top gear. Next the borrowers from radio 4 and david atteborough life of mammals. If only it had a gui. I just browse the iplayer website then filter for the programme name and download it!! No drm as far as I can tell too!

kghunt, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question