New Linpus Moblin

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Jaycb, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Jaycb

Jaycb

The article on the front page looks very interesting... Does anyone know whether this new OS (which is meant to be released one day this week) will be backward-compatible with all AAOs?

Jaycb, Jun 1, 2009
  2. Jaycb

meine

there are several articles on the net about Linpus Lite running on the Moblin v2 core linked to the Computex event. it seems to run well. the things I like is that linpus uses the newest and IMHO promising Moblin core for speed, added some regular apps beyond the leasure pack on the original Moblin and has -- based on their site -- a two mode way of running: the easy large icon way and XFCE, just switching with a panel button.

I downloaded the iso file from the linpus website and tried to make an USB testing-live version (uunetbootin under the other system, live-image creator under Fedora10 on my regular box didn't recognize the linpus iso) but it refuses to start on my AA1. the welcome-tux appears but gets overruled by system messages that it is unable to boot from some obsolete device like SCSI. in fact my sandisk cruzer 2G isn't that stone age... I'll have to find out what's happening. (and then the backward comp will be revealed)

other fact is that the moblin-moblin-usb I made with image-writer had a very locked filesystem that I only could break using Gparted...

meine

meine, Jun 16, 2009
  3. Jaycb

Daball

Where did you get the New linpus Lite? I haven't seen it on their site yet, just the old version. They describe the new version but when you get to the download, it is the old version.

Daball, Jun 17, 2009
  4. Jaycb

meine

I was not able to run it yet so it might be the version I already have on my AA1... downloaded from http://www.linpus.com/products_1.php?gid=1

Meine

meine, Jun 17, 2009
  5. Jaycb

Daball

Yup, that's still the old version. The linpus lite quick os is also not ready for download yet.

Daball, Jun 18, 2009
  6. Jaycb

Reno

These guys at Linpus seem a little flaky.
    Maybe they just need some time to get a few ducks in a row. :D

Reno, Jun 18, 2009
Ask a Question