New to installing OSX

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Ranger Wolf, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Ranger Wolf

Ranger Wolf

Heya everyone, got a few questions i'm hoping someone can answer for me. hope their not tooo noobish ^^

First of all, i'm pretty tech savvy, but on windows and not OSX so thats where all the questions are for.

I've seen several versions of Mac Leopard out there, several guides in this fourm for different versions as well.
    Which is currently best to use? Whats the differences between the retail version (if i'm to buy it) or useing one of these other version? (aka kalyway, iDeneb, Ableton, etc)

Is there currently any version that you can use the factory wireless card from the AA1?

Is there any random things i should know about now, other then warranty being avoided?

And lastly, Which is the best guide for installing OSX?

Thx for any help in advanced. i did my best by checking several topics but these are still unanswered.

Ranger Wolf, Dec 22, 2008
  2. Ranger Wolf

truxntrax

Here, here ranger I have same q's also. Whats the most compatoble version to use, do I need to swap out the wifi card to get "easy" wifi connections. I'm good with linux and can follow guides but have been reading forums now for days and still cannot get the answers! What about the one click installer aspire one plugin did the guy who offered that make any progreess/ report back?

truxntrax, Dec 22, 2008
  3. Ranger Wolf

gastrogeek

[DELETE ME]

gastrogeek, Dec 22, 2008
  4. Ranger Wolf

truxntrax

Thanks for the detailed reply. Hopefully when knowledge and understanding mature there will be a one click option. Until then I will take your advise and learn the process.

Trux

truxntrax, Dec 22, 2008
  5. Ranger Wolf

Ranger Wolf

Sorry i couldn't post sooner, but thank you so much for that reply. In the end you answered all my questions one way or another, its really appreciated ^^

so I'm going ahead and try a few things, see how it all works and the different things i need to learn. If only we could all use one ultimate OS hehe

Ranger Wolf, Dec 23, 2008
Ask a Question