New user, 2nd hand machine.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by abriwin, Apr 25, 2009.

1. abriwin

abriwin

1) I have been gifted a beautiful little AAO and I am a really happy bunny but when I try to send an email from the email app it keeps putting in the previous owners name and although I have set up another account with my own name it still keeps inserting the previous owner's name. What do I need to do to fix this?
    2) The machine I have was bought in Portugal so the keyboard is Portuguese and so is most of the system. Although I have added English to the languages I cant seen to find how to toggle between English and Portuguese.
    3) Why do I get sound when I play Youtube videos and not when I use the BBC iPlayer?
    4) the previous owner trashed the Documents folder so that when I click on 'my documents' nothing happens. Do I just need to create a new Documents folder titled 'Documents' or is there more to it than that?
    5) has anyone succesfully managed to run MacOSX on theirs? If I want to try should I 'max' the ram first or do I need to replace the SSD with a hard drive? I would have thought the SSD would run faster?

many thanks

Mac user, 20" iMac, 15" Powerbook G4, 13" iBook, Palm Tungsten T5.

abriwin, Apr 25, 2009
  2. abriwin

melhiore

Try to run console and type:

Code:
    oobe
    This should set-up default system w/o any "previousownerstuff"...

melhiore, Apr 25, 2009
Ask a Question