new user has questions

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by peke, Mar 15, 2009.

1. peke

peke

I just bought the 10" AA1. I read somewhere that I need to create a disk or something. I added RAM so now it shows 1.99MB of RAM. I bought an external DVD recorder/player. I installed it, but now I don't know what to do next. I tried to use my 881 air card to go online to update, but it stopped my track pad. That problem is posted elsewhere on this forum. So what is next since I cannot go online? Thanks for your help.

peke, Mar 15, 2009
  2. peke

mnimud

I bought mine a week ago and upped the memory too. You should see a pop up telling you to create restore discs, you click on that or you can start the process by going to the acer recovery from the programs and start it that way. You'll see the option there to create the restore disc. When I tried to make them it just ran and ran and never stopped. I canceled it after almost 2 hours and called Acer customer support. When I called I explained what happened and asked for them to send me the recovery discs. I didn't mention I had added the memory but that shouldn't make a difference. I had to register the machine with them which is fine and good for warranty records and now the discs are on the way. If you have a problem making them just call and tell them and they will send you a copy.

mnimud, Mar 15, 2009
  3. peke

peke

I figured out the trackpad problem. I plugged in an external mouse, created the disks, then downloaded all of the acer updates. Whatever was wrong with the trackpad is now fixed. Now I just have a problem with an encryption message. I have never seen that on my Toshiba laptop. It pops up every time I go onto a site. Anyone know how I can fix this?

It says...The information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party.

Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?

peke, Mar 15, 2009
Ask a Question