New User - Help with wireless connection

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by CL6655, May 4, 2009.

1. CL6655

CL6655

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

I can get my ASpire One laptop to connect in my house...with my security key that came with my Verizon Fios internet connection. My question is, how do I get the laptop to connect to internet and email when away from home?

I brought it to work with me, but it seems that there are all secured locations around me...with nothing that doesn't require a key. Is there an attachment I can get for the Aspire One that allows me to connect where ever I am?

I am new to wireless, sorry if I sound like it...but I think the Acer technical support is monitored by a machine and not a human, and I am not using the right key words to get an answer that makes sense....thank you...thank you.....

CL6655, May 4, 2009
  2. CL6655

goofball

you can't just connect to any access point. Those that are secured need a password. Unless you can find an open access point that doesn't require a password, you either pay for your own WWAN connection (3G or otherwise), or you're just out of luck.

goofball, May 4, 2009
Ask a Question